Kiwi




Kiwi. Nope I’m not talking about the animal from New Zealand. I’m talking about that brown hairy fruit that is green inside. Ok yep it sounds disgusting. Actually it sounds of putting to eat but it’s not, it’s rather lovely.

I do really enjoy eating this fruit. As a kid I liked the hairy brown skin, it was odd & made me giggle when I touched it as it kind of felt like that fuzzy felt stuff. When my mum cut it up I would stare in wonder at the green squishy fruit inside. It fascinated me & I thought it looked amazing. I would eat it on its own or in a fruit cocktail. I really liked it & actually I think I was the only one who did!



From a kids point of view it looked like frog spawn. It was soft & really squishy to eat. I’d make my mum cut the skin off first then I’d gobble the green fruit up in delight.

I do the same now. I’ll buy one or two, spend ages peeling the skin off then slice it up into pieces & eat it, still thinking about how it looks like frog spawn. It doesn’t really contain any flavour so I don’t actually know why I like it. Maybe my body just enjoys the fascination of cutting into the brown skin & finding a juicy green fruit inside. 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Images courtesy of Morguefile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GBE2 Dancing.

Eggs

I'm back