BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Zest




I tried to think of a food beginning with ‘Z’ but nothing came to me so I thought Zest would probably be a good ending to the A-Z challenge.

I started on a dessert & I’ll end on an ingredient that goes into desserts. Ooh now that made me look clever & imaginative.

At school I did food technology as part of my GCSE’s, most desserts I made listed the Zest of a: orange/lemon/lime. Zest seemed to be put in everything & I felt like I was always grating a fruit of some kind. Then it advised in the recipe that you could always decorate the dessert with a sprinkle of Zest.

If you watch cookery programmes you can see that by grating or peeling the chefs always manage to use the zest of a fruit. I mean it does give the dessert an extra zingy taste & it does help a good dessert taste that little bit better. I wonder who came up with the brainwave of using the zest.

~~~~~~~~

Well that's it, the end of the A-Z Challenge. It has been a roller coaster ride & one that I enjoyed every moment of. I have had some lovely new readers & I have found some really great blogs out there that i shall be following from now on. Thank you to all those who did this journey with me & I'm sure that this time next year I'll be doing another A-Z challenge! 


11 comments:

  1. So glad to meet you! New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia for coming by, commenting & becoming a new follower :0) It's nice to meet you too :o)

      Delete
  2. And what a zesty note to end on! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharkbytes :o) That's great that you are trying to visit all the A-Z blogs, I'm so pleased you stopped by mine :o)

      Delete
  3. Great way to end the A to Z challenge with Zest.

    come see ours at
    http:/ladysknight.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming by & commenting. I shall definitely come & have a peak at your writing :o)

      Delete
  4. Glad I stopped by! Have a great May, and congratulations on completing the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, I'm glad you came by too :o) Have a fantastic May & well done on completing the A-Z as well :o)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations too. Have a good week (and year!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Biddy :o) Hope you are having a good week too & it's nice to have met you through the challenge! :o)

      Delete
  6. In order to cope in a fast-paced market, new applications are needed.
    Investors are there to aid the entrepreneur and
    to achieve a make money from their investment from your entrepreneurs company.
    Donnie Jonston will be the author of this information about how you can make money on Ebay Donnie has years of work experience
    as a writer plus working with drop shippers inside
    a variety of entrepreneurial ventures.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage - http://www.thaipingpong.com

    ReplyDelete